Susanne Morreale Leeber, CCE, President & CEO of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce received her 25 yr award for work in the Chamber of Commerce industry from the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), when she attended the Annual International Convention in Louisville, KY.
Mick Fleming, President of ACCE stated, “You’ve lived through national crisis, war, economic turbulence, terrorism, political upheaval and technological revolution. You have survived in a tough business that has proven too much for too many. You deserve recognition and respect for your longevity, which could only come from impressive dedication, considerable skill, and inspiring tenacity. On behalf of the Board of Directors and the staff of ACCE, we congratulate you on 25 years of service.”
Susanne is certified by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives as a Certified Chamber Executive (CCE). This certification is the highest level of achievement in the Chamber of commerce industry. It is a program designed to assess the applicant’s knowledge of the core Chamber of Commerce management principles, which include: Planning, Finance, Administration, Economic Development, Human Resources and Governmental Affairs and Lobbying. She has also brought the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce to achieve Accreditation from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce fulfilling national benchmarks, restructured committees and created an Accounting Policy and Procedures Manual which she has shared with many non-profits.
Susanne has served as President of New England and Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce Executives Association.
Susanne has received many awards including;
2004 Chamber Executive of the Year for the New England Chamber of Commerce Executives Association
- 2007 Business Person of the Year from Framingham State University’s Department of Economics and Business Administration
- 2008 Lifetime Achievement Award from United Way of Tri-County
- 2008 Greater Marlborough Good Scout Award from Knox Trail Council of Boys Scouts of America
- 2010 R. F. Wood Award for volunteerism from Boys and Girls Clubs of MetroWest.
- In 2012, Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce Executives awarded Susanne the 25 year Anniversary Award for continuous work in the Chamber of Commerce industry.
- 2012 Appreciation Award for over Ten Years of Service to the MetroWest Economic Research Center (MERC) at Framingham State University
Susanne serves as Chair of the MetroWest Economic Research Center’s (MERC) Advisory Board at Framingham State University. Susanne is a founding member and vice president of the MetroWest Travel and Tourism Bureau. She has been very involved with the founding of and is the fiduciary agent for the Marlborough Downtown Village Association.
She also served as Founding Member and Treasurer on the Board of 495 Corridor Partnership and United Way of Tri-County.
Susanne joined the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce in January 1987 as the Membership Director and was named the first female President & CEO in September 1991 after a three-month period as acting President. Susanne is a graduate of Bentley College and the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for Organizational Management.