The Marlborough Regional Community Foundation, Inc., was established by the Chamber’s Board of Directors in 1998. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, it is legally empowered to collect tax-exempt contributions and disburse the funds in support of non-profit community activities. Officers and directors of the Foundation are drawn from the membership of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce.
The Foundation is a community resource for business and civic organizations in the areas of fundraising, education, and business and economic development.
Today, the Foundation:
- Awards scholarships annually to selected students from area high schools who intend to continue their education in business or business-related fields.
- Acts as fiduciary agent for non-profit civic groups that are not currently tax exempt such as neighborhood associations.
- Administers economic development programs funded by other sources; such as grants for the Core City Project, neighborhood associations, transportation projects, and the Save the Parade initiative.
When it’s fully funded, the Foundation will be able to:
- Increase its high school scholarship program.
- Train business people to be effective members of non-profit boards of directors.
- Help match interested business people with non-profits who need qualified directors.
- Offer scholarships to business people to attend courses that will increase their expertise and improve the quality of their businesses.
- Provide grants to area teachers for continuing education and classroom projects.
- Expand support for economic development activities.
- Create other programs as needs and opportunities arise.
Purpose and Vision:
To promote the betterment of the region’s businesses and community life through fundraising education, and economic development.
To find out how you can help the Marlborough Regional Community Foundation, Inc. or to find out how the Foundation can help you with your business, education, civic, or economic development project, contact Susanne Morreale-Leeber at 508-485-7746.
To make a donation to the Foundation, please make checks payable to Marlborough Regional Community Foundation, Inc. and mail it to the Chamber at 11 Florence Street, Marlborough, MA, 01752.
The Marlborough Regional Community Foundation, Inc. is a further sign of our commitment to the Marlborough region, a commitment we look forward to continuing through the next century.
2017 Scholarship recipients:
(l to r) Cathy Mogavero, retired executive vice president, MRCC; Molly Farrell, Marlborough High School; Brian Colleoni-Pimento, Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School; Benjamin Plucinski, Hudson High School; Marcin Kierzenka; Advanced Math and Science Academy; Darren McLaughlin, chair, Scholarship Committee and president, Marlborough Regional Community Foundation.
Missing from the picture is Sarah Pierce, Notre Dame Academy.